top of page

Acerca de


Seasoned Help With Modification And Contempt Issues

Long after your divorce or paternity matter has been resolved, you may find you need reliable advice about your rights to modify or enforce a family court order. Once I understand your unique circumstances I will advise you on the range of possible legal outcomes.

I am attorney Annette Baker and as the founder and principal of Baker Law I help clients in custody, spousal support, child support and visitation matters. Whether you just have questions and need the advice of a skilled professional or if you need immediate guidance and representation about your rights to modify or enforce a family court order or divorce decree, I can help. Call 978-922-2888 or fill out the quick contact form. I offer compassionate and holistic guidance that is resolution-centric.


Modification Of Child Support

Family court orders relating to custody, child support or visitation are inherently flexible, and either party can apply to the court for an order of modification based on a material change of circumstances. When conditions change I can advise you on the best steps for a modification.

The emancipation of a child, a change in a teenager’s primary residence, material changes of income for either parent, new medical or health care problems, or even the increasing expenses raising older children can support a modification of a child support order. I can assist you in identifying the likelihood that the change in circumstances in your situation will result in a favorable decision. I will then steadfastly work toward your goals either through negotiation or litigation.

Modification of Spousal Support

The standard the court will apply when deciding whether to modify an existing alimony award or award of post-divorce alimony will depend on the language in your original divorce decree. If you are seeking a modification or defending against an increase in your alimony obligation, call me, attorney Annette Baker, for resourceful and experienced representation.

Violations of Orders: Enforcement And Contempt

Any intentional violation of a clear family court order, in circumstances where the party at fault had the practical ability to comply, can result in a contempt order. The results of this order can include jail time, an order to make payments in default, an order to pay the other party’s attorney’s fees, and other penalties.

Nonpayment of child support or alimony is punishable by a finding of contempt if the failure to pay was willful. Every party to a Massachusetts divorce is at theoretical risk of contempt of court after the automatic restraining order goes into immediate effect upon filing for divorce or receiving service of a complaint for divorce.


A restraining order prevents you from any financial transaction out of the ordinary course of business. Intentional violations of the restraining order may be punished by an order of contempt of court. Failure to make full and accurate disclosure of assets, manipulation of family business assets or ownership to the other spouse’s disadvantage, or interference with the other spouse’s court-ordered parental rights can all be punished by a finding of contempt. Whether you are seeking or resisting an order of contempt, I can advise you as to the strength of your position.


The Resolution You Need Is A Phone Call Away

 Call (978) 922-2888 and speak with me, attorney Annette Baker. Together we will resolve your issue.

Learn How We Can Help You

Get in touch so we can start working together.

Thanks you for your inquiry! We will be in touch soon!

Disclaimer: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

bottom of page